and other junk!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Witchaven-Infulsion-Simi Valley,CA 5/6/11

  My weekends been horrible. But before my girl left me,the FOR SALE sign outside my house,and ipod and computer both fucking up.... I last minute went to another Wicthaven Show. Once again this was my 4th time going to one of their shows to see em and enjoy them.
First Time:Stoned and walk in late(I think)
2: I was outside
3:Show ended to late and I was tired and left early .
 Now these 3 bands have been playing a lot together. Like this one its usually them 3 headlining(they rotate time to time) with a crapload of local bands opening. This time Witchaven headlined. And like any Vektor show,my friend had to go so I went with him. This place was connected to local Punk/Metal shirt shop inside some plaza next to a 7-11 and Carl's Jr. Ahhh thats badass. We were running late and like most Thrash shows....so were they. So by the time Exmortus was supposed to play,3rd band was barley getting started. Also first time I go to a thrash show and not one drunk person. Okay one kid who passed out,hit his head and had to be picked up by an ambulance(HAHA!). And also no pure Thrash posers. Just kids having a good time supporting their friends.

   We walk in,a band called Chains Of Atlas are playing. These kids were all right. All their friends and family were there supporting them. They had a melodic sound to them. I was sitting down and I noticed my head bobbing. For kids,they ain't bad.
Up next some fat guy in a Viking helmet and his band. They were called Quiverbone and after being bored. I went to 7-11.

 Up next was a horrible band named Suicide Addictive. Can't find shit on them. Thank Satan. I actually kinda fell a sleep during their set. Everybody wants to be Pantera nowadays. Singing about Banging chicks when your a full out pervert band is cool. Singing about banging chicks when your in a tough guy metal band is gay.

  Once again I will review a local band who I'm glad hit it pretty big. Exmortus was setting up. Lead singer and friend,Konan was going back n forth getting stuff. I kept telling him to say on stage "RIP OSAMA!". He had too! He "liked" my post on Facebook! Me and my friends went to sit down near them. The local scene there seemed to love them and were cheering for them like crazy. Konan mentioned Osama and dedicated the song In Hatreds Flame to him. I was having a WTF moment so I kept yelling "Rest In Peace!" and "Konan's Gay!". After their set which the kids loved,I asked him about it and he said it wasn't meant to be taken that way. That Liar!

   Up next was another little band that has a huge following nation wide. An like Exmortus and Witchaven was another really unique Thrash band. They blend Progressive  with Thrash. Im not a fan of Prog at all. But my buddy,whose a huge Rush fan just loves these guys and See's them whenever their somewhat near us. We drove almost 2 hours last time. Most kids were there lined up wearing their Vektor shits. Head banging to their 10 min songs(you know i like 10 seconds). My friend was headbanging. I like them but don't love em like the majority of people there do. Much respect to these guys for being super unique. Listen to Black Future if you like what I say. Plus singer had a sick shirt of the movie The Fly. "Sci-Fi Or Die!" is their motto.
  Now Wicthaven was up. I rolled up my sleeves and took my cap off for this.Now im surprised they played this. The singer,Henry was arrested 2 days ago for Peeing in Public. That guys done time before so im glad he was able to play tonight. The last remaining kids pitted like crazy and the singer sang on how he hated the police and how the Lakers have been losing. They kick ass live,and im glad for being an LA Thrash band their gaining a lot of of attention. Its hard to mix Black Metal and Thrash but these do it perfectly. Please see these guys live and listen to their album Terrorstorm. After thier great performance I talk to Konan about Star Wars. It was a great show.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment