and other junk!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Leftover Crack-EchoPlex,Los Angeles,CA 2-27-11

 Well I'm all out of money :(. I spent my last dime on this show. I had to make it count. Leftover Crack who finally reunited after all the bullshit drama was done,came to L.A. I ain't gonna pass that. Especially when Retox(Justin Pearsons new band,a man im obsessed with) is opening. And getting Graf Orlock who ive been wanting to see badly jumps on the bill. I get there with a few friends and my novia,eat BK,then wait in line. Luckily a friend of mine bought my tix 2 days early since the place only let 10 people buy tix at the door. I have respect for street punks now.


      Some band called Animalitos started things off. That means "Little Animals". Three piece and the drummer sang. Well they wern't like The Mentors or anything. The music was kinda alternative stuff but the vocals were REALLY good. Dude should start a Hardcore band right away. Sorry guys I just wasn't into it.
   They didnt suck,but these guys did. They were Manhattan Murder Mystery. If theres anything I hate its those typical indie,morrissey lovin,bicycle ridin,starbucks drinkin,stupid mustache,art jackass. I hate it. These guys sucks ass. I was in the back drinking my friends $3 coke.
  Thank Satan for Grindcore to save the day! Graf Orlock is known by many people as "Cinema-Grind". Mainly cause they sample a lot of good movies and play along to the Jurassic Park Theme song(which they didn't play sadly). They've recently got a new singer and its very rare when I say that the new vocalist kicks the old ones ass big time. I told him that and he was happy. They're intro was the Fox Movie song you hear before movies. Now that kicks ass! I really dont like it when Grind/Violence bands sample while playing live but these guys are the ONLY exception. Stupid LoC fans didnt appreciate the beauty this band has. I loved every second of it. And i still slap myself to this day for leaving one of their shows yearly 2 years ago. I recommend everything they've put out. So just buy the damn Doombox set. You wont regret it. Only complaint they didn't have patches or size small shirts with Predator. Guitarist and Singer were both very nice dudes.

  But when it comes to meeting people,Justin Pearson as always been one I really wanted to meet. The world doesnt seem to know this but he has been called the Ian Mackaye if this generation. He has been in so many bands that ALL kick ass. Swing Kids(his Teen Idles),The Locust(his Minor Threat),Holy Molar(his Fugazi),and his recent project All Leather(The Evens). When my friend got me The Locust cd for my birthday my life changed and music was destroyed and all i wanted(and still do) is pure fuckin noise. He passed by me when I went to check the times. I called him and shook his hand while telling him how much im a huge fan of everything he does. He seemed kinda creeped out but he said he appreciated it. While he was on stage people were trying to talk to him but he kinda blew em off. He has that reputation. Band started and i had a fuckin seizure. This band was REALLLY good. I havnt been this excited since The locust album I nfirst heard. It blew m,y mind and JP was singing right at me. Oh the love and respect I had this band. Download their EP for free now foo!
                Set List Included:
                      New Song #1
                      Ready To Spit
                      I Rub The Wrong Way
                      New Song #9(Surf Song)
                     Unpleasant Food(Short One)
                     (Mikes Noise)
                     Piss Elegant
                     We Hang by out eyelids(junt junt junt)
                      Put some Hair On It(jazz song)
                     New Song #8(brutal)


 The Good,The Bad,and The Leftover Crack was setting up. These guys haven't played here in 3 years and they even broke up for a bit. I had to see em. They started off,the place wen nuts,and I lost my girlfriend. Right away people were pushing and hitting like a punk rock show should be. Stza(singer) was friendly to everyone and let people sing the lyrics that inspire kids everyday. They kept trying to challenge each other by playing song they didn't know very much but still pulled it off. They were loved and respected. Luckily they played this show since they got fucked over the night before. Stza kept talking like they were gonna break up soon so I suggest you see em if you have the chance. You will love em. Get down with that Crack Rock Steady Beat!
 Setlist:
Homeo Apathy
Nazi White Trash
Life is Pain
One Dead Cop
Gang Control
Stop the Insanity
Soon We'' Be Dead

Gay Rude Boys Unite
Ya Can't go Home
Rock the 40 oz
500 Channels
Atheist Anthem
Born to Die
Infested

Crack City Rockers/Suicide
Crack Rock Steady
The Good, the Bad, and the Leftover Crack

No comments:

Post a Comment